Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (Trusty Tahr)
The Ubuntu Cloud image can be run on your personal Ubuntu Cloud, or on public clouds that provide Ubuntu Certified Images.
To find a listing of our public images on supported Clouds, please use the Cloud Image Locator:cloud-images project on Launchpad.net.
There are five images available, each for a different type of computer:
- 32-bit Cloud image
- For almost all PCs. This includes most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type processors and almost all computers that run Microsoft Windows, as well as newer Apple Macintosh systems based on Intel processors.
- 64-bit Cloud image
- Choose this to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture. Choose this if you are at all unsure. AMD64 is recommended for general computing use in the Cloud.
- 64-bit ARM Cloud image
- For AARCH64/ARM64 based boards.
- PowerPC64 Little-Endian Cloud image
- For use on POWER8 Little-Endian capable hypervisors.
- 32-bit ARMHF Cloud image
- For ARMv7 processors and above. Userland is compiled with Hard Float on.
A full list of available files can be found below.